Colonel Caroline Evernham is the Commander of the 315th Operations Group, Joint Base Charleston, S.C. Col. Evernham assists the commander in organizing, training, and equipping over 500 reservists to perform global taskings, primarily in support of the C-17 Globemaster III strategic airlift mission. The personnel are assigned to three flying squadrons, one aeromedical evacuation squadron, one airlift control flight, and an operations support squadron.
Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the Commander, 916th Operations Group, 916th Air Refueling Wing, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.
Colonel Evernham entered the Air Force in 1981 through the University of Arizona Reserve Officer Training Corps program. She has served as a KC-135 Aircraft Commander, HQ AFRC Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Deputy, Air, Space and Information Operations Deputy, HQ AMC/Air, Space and Information Operations Reserve Advisor, Tanker Airlift Control Flight Commander, and deployed Contingency Response Element Commander during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
1981 Bachelor of Arts degree in German, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz.
1986 Squadron Officer School in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1989 Master of Science degree, Operations Management, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.
1998 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air War College by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. September 1981 - August 1982, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. September 1982 - December 1982, Student, KC-135 copilot, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
3. January 1983 - December 1984, Copilot, KC-135A, 41st Air Refueling Squadron, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
4. December 1984 - August 1985, Standardization/Evaluation Examiner Copilot, KC-135A, 416th Bombardment Wing, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
5. September 1985 - April 1986, Copilot, KC-135A, 97th Air Refueling Squadron, Blytheville AFB, Ark.
6. April 1986 - August 1987, Aircraft Commander, 97th Air Refueling Squadron, Blytheville AFB, Ark.
7. August 1987 - August 1988, Chief, KC-135 Mission Development Branch, 97th Bombardment Wing, Blytheville AFB, Ark.
8. August 1988 - August 1989, Executive Officer to the Wing Commander, 97th Bombardment Wing, Eaker AFB, Ark.
9. August 1989 - October 1994, IRR
10. October 1994 - September 1995, Current Operations, 446th Operations Group, McChord AFB, Wash.
11. September 1995 - September 1997, Wing Operations Plans Officer, 446th Airlift Wing, McChord AFB, Wash.
12. September 1997 - July 1999, Training Officer and Operations Officer, 446th Airlift Control Flight, McChord AFB, Wash.
13. July 1999 - April 2003, Commander, 446th Airlift Control Flight, McChord AFB, Wash.
14. April 2003 - May 2003, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, HQ AMC/TACC/XOPM, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. May 2003 - July 2005, Air Force Reserve Command Advisor to the Director of Operations, Directorate of Operations, HQ Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
16. August 2005 - April 2008, Deputy Director of Intelligence, Air, Space and Information Operations, HQ Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
17. April 2008 - February 2014, Commander, 916th Operations Group, 916th Air Refueling Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
18. February 2014 - October 2016, Commander, 315th Operations Group, 315th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
20. November 2016 - Present- Commander, 931st Operations Group, 931st Air Refueling Wing, McConnell, Air Force Base, Kansas.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight Hours: 2,000+
Aircraft Flown: KC-135A/R, C-17A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Squadron Officer School - Distinguished Graduate; Writing Excellence; Outstanding Contributor
University of Arizona Reserve Officer Training Program Distinguished Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 16, 1981
First Lieutenant May 16, 1983
Captain September 14, 1985
Major March 8, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel September. 29, 2000
Colonel February 6, 2004
CURRENT AS OF FEBRUARY 2014