315 AW wins big at Reserve Media Contest
By Michael Dukes, 315th Airlift Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 15, 2019
JOINT BASE CHARLESTON, S.C. --
The 315th Airlift Wing placed first in eight categories in the 2018 Air Force Reserve Command Media Contest, according to an announcement made by AFRC today.
This year, the 315th’s entries came from members of the wing public affairs office as well as its 4th Combat Camera Squadron.
The winners are as follows:
- Military Photographer of the Year: Staff Sgt. Corban Lundborg, 4 CTCS
- Military Videographer of the Year: Tech. Sgt. Thomas Grimes, 4 CTCS
- Feature Photo: Staff Sgt. Corban Lundborg, 4 CTCS
- Long-Form Production Video: Legacy of Valor - 315 AW/PA
- Short Form Production Video: Tech. Sgt. Thomas Grimes, Tech Sgt. Christopher Hibben and Staff Sgt. Amy Picard, 4 CTCS
- Video Documentation (B-roll category): Tech. Sgt. Christopher Hibben, 4 CTCS
- Audio Product: Behind the Wing podcast – 315 AW/PA
- Photo Series: Tech. Sgt. Christopher Hibben, 4 CTCS
“Congratulations to our public affairs and combat camera professionals in this achievement,” said Col. Gregory Gilmour, 315 AW commander. “Good luck at the next stage of the contest at the Air Force level.”
This round of wins comes during the first stage of the Defense Department’s Public Affairs media contest, which is designed to highlight video, photo and other news products produced by public affairs and combat camera professionals who tell the military story through their products.
The winners will be forwarded to represent AFRC in the Air Force-level competition.